Soon Ae Chun: Services
- Professional Society Board:
- President Elect, Digital Government Society (2014-2015).
- Board Member, Digital Government Society (2012-2013).
- Associate Editor:
- International Journal of E-Planning Research, 2014-2015.
- Editorial Board Member :
- Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal, 2014 - . (Scientific Committee)
- International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 2011-2014.
- International Journal of E-Planning Research , 2011-2013
- Information Polity: An International Journal of Government and Democracy in the Information Age, 2010 -
- International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine , 2009 - .
- Journal of Information Processing Systems , 2009 -
- Journal of Information Technology and Architecture , July 2008 -
- International Journal of Electronic Government Research (IJEGR), Jan 2007 -
- International Journal of Applied Intelligence(IJAI) 2006 - 2013 (SCI, impact factor .849)
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research (IJCIR), 2005 - 2011
- International Journal of Network Security (IJNS), July 2005- .
- Editorial Advisory Board Member
- The Open Information Systems Journal (2010-)
- The New Faces of Organizations in the 21st Century, Vol 1-3, Academic Reference Book, NAISIT(North American Institute of Science and Information Technology), Canada (2010-2011).
- Information Communication Technologies and the Virtual Public Sphere: Impacts of Network Structures on Civil Society (2010), Scott Krummenacher and Bob Cropf (eds.), IGI Global (www.igi-global.com), (to be published in summer 2010)
- Handbook of Research in E-Planning, Information Science Reference (2009)
- Special Issue Editor
- Future Internet, 2014
- International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine, 2012
- Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 2011.
- Information Polity, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Government Information Quarterly (GIQ), 2009, 2012.
- Proposal Reviewer and Panelist :
- Review Panelist, NSF/CISE/IIS, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2013 (SaTC, III)
- Expert evaluator, , French National Research Agency (ANR), 2011
- Panelist, NSF/CCLI, 2010
- Reviewer, NIH, Challenge Grant, 2009
- Reviewer, South Africa's National Research Foundation, 2008
- Reivew Panelist : National Science Foundation (NSF) CISE/CPATH, 2007.
- Proposal Reviewer: The Council of Physical Sciences of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Computer Science Division, 2005
- Journal Reviewer
- 2014: IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics; Information Polity; IJBSR, KAIS, ECRJ.
- 2013-current: ACM Computing Reviews
- 2013, ACM TISSEC (Transactions on Information and System Security), KAIS (Knowledge and Information Systems), Electronic Commerce Research, Information Systems (Elsevier), Information and Software Technology, International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR), Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications (JoWUA), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, IJDL Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, Transaction on Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered Systems (TLDKS), International Journal of E-Planning Research.
- 2012, Future Internet, IEEE TITB, Information Polity, WWWJ, IJBSR, New Media and Society, IJEGR, GIQ, IJEPR, Journal of Information Systems, Scientia Iranica, IEEE Transactions of Dependable and Secure Computing
- 2011, World Wide Web Journal, International Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems, Data and Knowledge Engineering, The Computer Journal; Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business, Future Internet, Information Polity, IJEGR, DSS
- 2010, Journal of Computer Security; Sensors - Open Access Journal; Data and Knowledge Engineering ; International Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems ; International Journal of Business and Systems Research
- 2009: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing; Data and Knowledge Engineering;
Journal of Information System Security;
Journal of Computer Security ;
Information Systems Journal;
- Citizens and E-Government: Evaluating Policy and Management, IGI-Global, 2009
- Advances in Management Information Systems (AMIS): Electronic Government: Information, Technology, and Transformation, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Geographical Information Science, Springer, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Digital Government, IDEA Group, 2005
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design by Stephen Schach, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2003
- Track Chair: Special Track for AI and CyberSecurity at FLAIRS-28, May 18 - 20, 2015 Hollywood, Florida.
- Track Chair: ACM SAC2015 SWA, The 30th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing, Salamanca, Spain, April 13 - 17, 2015,
- Advisory Chair: SEMAPRO 2015, SEMAPRO 2014, The International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing,July 19 - 24, 2015 - Nice, France.
- Track Chair: ACM SAC2014 SWA, Semantic Web and its Applications, 29th Symposium On Applied Computing, Mar 24-28, 2014, Gyeongju, Korea.
- Program co-chair: MUSIC-13: The 4th International Conference on Mobile, Ubiquitous, and Intelligent Computing, September 4-6, 2013, Gwangju, Korea
- General co-Chair: DBSEC2013, 27th Annual WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, Newark NJ, July 15-17, 2013.
- Workshop/Tutorial Chair & Track Chair (Smart Government Technologies): dg.o 2013, 14th International Conference on Digital Government Research, Laval Quebec City, June 17-19 2013.
- Local Arrangement Chair: SACMAT 2012, 17th ACM Symposium of Access Control Models and Technologies, June 2012.
- Workshop/Tutorial co-Chair: dg.o 2012, 13th International Conference on Digital Government Research, Maryland MD, June 2012.
- ARES: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, 2007-2015
- ICWE: 15th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2015), Demo/Poster track PC.
- ICIW: International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, 2015
- ICEDEG: Second International Conference on eDemocracy & eGovernment, 2015, 2014
- IGU-GoG: International Geographical Union Commission on Geography of Governance: Local Government and Urban Governance, Lisbon, April 9-10, 2015
- FLAIRS: International FLAIRS Conference, 2015, 2014, 2013,2004-2012
- HICSS: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008
International Conference on e-Business,
- SocialCom2014: 7th IEEE International Conference on Social Computing and Networking, Sydney, Australia, 3-5 Dec. 2014
- CIS: International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security, Kunming, China, November 15-16, 2014, CIS2014, CIS2013, 2011, 2007
- GHC2014: Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Scholarship Committee, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 8-10 2014.
- SSW : International Workshop on Semantic Search over the Web, VLDB Workshop, 2014, 2013. 2012,
- DSAA: 2014 Int. Confererence on Data Science and Advanced Analytics, Oct 30-Nov 1, Shanghai, China.
- IFIP EGOV/e-Part 2015, 14th IFIP Electronic Government (EGOV) and 7th IFIP Electronic Participation (ePart) Conference, ePart 2014: 6th international conference on eParticipation, Aug 31-Sep 4,
- DBSEC: Annual WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2006-2009
- DEXA: International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2014,2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
- ACM/IEEE ASONAM '14 : The 2014 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Beijing, China, August 17-20, 2014
- SNAM-DT: International Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining using Digital Technology, August 17-20, 2014, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- SERVICE COMPUTATION : The International Conferences on Advanced Service Computing, 2015, 2014 - Venice, Italy.
- ECIS: The 22nd European Conference on Information System 2014, Track 23: The Digital Public Sector (Associate Editor), June 9-11, 2014 Tel Aviv, Israel.
- dg.o: Annual International Digital Government Research Conference, 2007-2014
- ICEGOV : International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- ACM SAC: ACM Symposium on Appliced Computing: Technical Track on The Semantic Web and Applications, 2014, 2013, 2012
- SEMAPRO: International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing, 2014 2013, 2012.
- FGCN: International Conference on Future Generation Communication
and Networking, 2007-2014.
- BSIC: 2013 International Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics and Computing, IJCAI (Int. Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence), Beijing, Aug 3-9, 2013 ,
- BSI: Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics, PAKDD Workshop, 2013
- MobiWIS: International Conference on Mobile Web Information Systems, 2013, 2012, 2011
- AINA: IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Internet Computing and Web Applications, 2014, 2013, 2010
- WISE: International Conference on Web Information System Engineering, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2007, 2005
External Conference Paper Reviewer
Assistant to Editor-in-Chief
- Member, Faculty Subcommittee of the Diversity Council, CSI (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Provost Search Committee, CUNY CSI (2014-2015)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Public Administration (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Dean Search Committee, School of Business (2014 - 2015)
- Panelist, Grants Reviews Panel, CSI (2014 - )
- Member, Provost Scholarship Awards Committee (2014)
- Representative, College Council/Faculty Senate (2013-2016)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Mathmatics (2013-2014)
- Member, Pathways Transfer Majors Committee, City University of New York (2011-2012)
- Member, Search Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Advisory Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011- )
- Member, Review and Planning Committee for Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship, and Performance, CSI (2011-2013)
- Chair, Search Committee, Office of Academic Advisement, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Strategic Direction 1 Committee, College of Staten Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Research Liaison, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010-2012)
- Faculty Advisor, Information Systems Projects, CSI Undergraudate Research Conference, CSI (2010-2011)
- Member, Search Committee, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010)
- Member, College-Wide Academic Outcomes Assessment Committee, College of State Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Mentor, FIRST Program, College of Staten Island (2007,2008,2009)
- Member, Admissions Committee, College of Staten Island (2006-2009)
- Research Supervisor, CSI SEEK Research Assistants Project, College of Staten Island (2006-2007)
- Marshall, The Commencement Exercise of the College of Staten Island, (2006, 2008, 2010, 2011)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Marketing (2013-2014)
- Member, Appointments Committee, Department of Marketing, School of Business (2013 - )
- Faculty Mentor, Honor's project in Information Systems (2010-2011)
- Department Rep, AACSB Annual Accreditation Conference (Sept 26-28 2010)
- Member, Website Working Group, Department of Business (2010-)
- Member, Assessment Committee, Business Department (2010)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2006-2007)
- Area Chair, Information Systems, Department of Business (2006 - now)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2005-2006)
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp 2014 (Jun 30-July 11), 2013 (July8-19), Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Reviewer, Grant-in-Aid Program, The New Jersey Academy of Science, 2012
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp 2008, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2007, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2006, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Mentor, The American Chemical Society's (ACS) 2005 Project SEED Summer Program. (mentored two New Jersey High School students.)