Summer Camp Mission
To provide an opportunity for middle and high school students to explore science and technology disciplines based on challenging and real-world problem solving. To apply the state-of-the-art technology to understand scientific concepts in solving real-world problems.
Summer Camp Goals
We want to accomplish the following learning objectives in the summer camp:
- Stimulate curiosity and excitement in middle/high school students through the introduction of the state-of-the-art computer tools andtechnology.
- Place students in an actual university environment, interacting with scientists and computer professionals as role models.
- Allow scientists and computer professionals to transmit their own excitement with science and technology and spark the children’s imagination and curiosity.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of a career in science and/or information technology.
- Disseminate the success of the program to universities and middle/high schools nationwide.
Summer Camp Eligibility
Selection for the program is based on the following criteria:
- Students attending junior and high schools (grades 8-12) in Newark NJ area
- A strong interest in science, mathematics, and technology
- Recommendations from teachers and/or counselors
- Preference is given to underrepresented minorities (African-American, Hispanic, and Native American)